[Yum] openssl update problem

mw at csi.hu mw at csi.hu
Sat Jan 17 02:48:21 UTC 2004

After I updated my RH 9 system to Fedore Core 1, I get

# yum update
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 22, in ?
    import yummain
  File "yummain.py", line 21, in ?
  File "clientStuff.py", line 25, in ?
  File "pkgaction.py", line 25, in ?
  File "rpmUtils.py", line 9, in ?
  File "urlgrabber.py", line 21, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 101, in ?
    import ftplib
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/ftplib.py", line 68, in ?
    all_errors = (Error, socket.error, IOError, EOFError)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'error'

I have found that if I revert back to RH 9's (updated) openssl, all is
well, so now I have

# grep openssl /etc/yum.conf
exclude=openssl*

Is there a better solution?

Thx,

Mate

--
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis