[Yum] Re: changelog

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Jan 15 16:18:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Joe Radinger wrote:

> is there any possibility to add the changelogs to the headers. would be
> great to be able to see what has changed in certain rpms, before having
> to download the whole file.

I sure hope not. That would make the header data a lot bigger. Remember
not everyone has all of their machines on a high bandwidth connection. I
still have machines whose only connection to the outside world is dialup.
It is painful enough already to perform updates on these machines. I do
not wish to see it get worse.

Just my $.02

Tom