[Yum] Suggestion for enhancement: choose repository for update

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Jan 14 00:10:05 UTC 2004

I'd like to be able to choose one or more repositories when doing an
update.  For example, I sometimes pull things from Fedora Core
updates-testing, but some things I skip.  Right now, I have to do a
check-update, and manually list the packages I want to update.  What I'd
like to be able to do is to tell yum to fetch all the updates from a
particular repository (like updates-released).

The same could also be true for install; I've go several repositories
listed to make it easy to pull in some non-FC packages, but I don't want
their packages to override the FC ones (like freshrpms has different
versions of grip and nmap, to name a couple off the top of my head).

I could get this by keeping separate config files around and specifying
them to get what I want, but it would be easier to do this with a
command line option.

I checked the man page for yum-2.0.4-2 in FC1; I didn't see an easy way
to do this anyway (feel free to correct me if I'm missing something).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>