[Yum] Re: yumgroups.xml?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Jan 12 14:58:08 UTC 2004

> In thinking about this a little more I am wondering if yum should be able to
> disable groups in certain repos or should we have something that says only use
> the groups in certain repos. I can live with it either way, but I think
> specifying which repos to get the groups files from follows the path of least
> suprise better.

no, I disagree. It's like any other feature that is enabled by default -
it's only a surprise if you don't know it's there. And if you assume
it's there and it's disabled by default then you're annoyed you have to
go through hoops to enable it.

I think disabling group merging and access should be something that a
user must intentionally disable.