[Yum] Re: yumgroups.xml?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Jan 12 14:15:32 UTC 2004

> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, seth vidal wrote:

> > > The problem with that is that I would not be able to use any names that
> > > happened to conflict with whatever is in someone elses yumgroups.xml.
> > > That would  be difficult if not impossible. FWIW I do not normally
> > > use public  repos with existing yumgroups.xml files but I have seen
> > > it and been bitten by it. I would just like to be able to avoid it
> > > in the future. FWIW: The repos at duke have this.
> > >

> > interesting. I hadn't thought of this - so you want to disable groups on
> > certain repos entirely. is that right?

> Yes please.
>
> Should I put an rfe in bugzilla??

In thinking about this a little more I am wondering if yum should be able to
disable groups in certain repos or should we have something that says only use
the groups in certain repos. I can live with it either way, but I think
specifying which repos to get the groups files from follows the path of least
suprise better.
IOW if you are specifying where to get the groups files from then no extra ones
will show up and confuse things. The other way you have to wait until something
breaks and the exclude it.

Does this make sense??

Tom