[Yum] Yum epylog syslog processing

Josko Plazonic plazonic at Math.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jan 9 20:40:46 UTC 2004

Hello,

I attach a patch for epylog that adds a yum processing module.  I am
sending it here because I guess it is too early to submit it to
Konstantin for epylog (as yum can't officially syslog it's events yet)
but this way anyone interested can take a look.  It expects messages in
/var/log/yum.log format.  It will create a section with optional
subsections for various events (Updated, installed,...).  Then it lists
in a table: rpm, version, how many events and how many hosts (if
different from how many events - e.g. if for testing same rpm was
installed & removed multiple times on the same host).

E.g. (plain text only, so please excuse the loss of formatting):
-----------------------------
Yum
Erased
lftp    2.6.10-1.i386   4(1)
yum     2.0.4-2.JP.0.noarch     1
Installed
kernel  2.4.22-1.2138.nptl.i686 1
lftp    2.6.10-1.i386   2(1)
Updated
lftp    2.6.10-1.i386   1
----------------------------
or
Yum
lftp    2.6.10-1.i386   Erased  4(1)
yum     2.0.4-2.JP.0.noarch     Erased  1
kernel  2.4.22-1.2138.nptl.i686 Installed       1
lftp    2.6.10-1.i386   Installed       2(1)
lftp    2.6.10-1.i386   Updated 1

Josko P.