[Yum] stupid feature request?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Jan 8 18:54:33 UTC 2004

Currently yum uses the http_proxy variable to determine which web proxy to
use. In my environment, we have the following scenario

* Fedora from local mirror
* Custom packages from local server

That works fine. We don't require a proxy for local access (and in fact
don't permit the proxy to access local sites).

Now, some users want to also add add-ons (fedora.us, livna, etc.) from
servers across Internet. The problem is that we require a web proxy to
access off-site web servers.

AFAICT, yum has no way to deal with this arrangement where a web proxy is
needed for some sites, but not for others. Would it be useful for anyone
else to allow the http_proxy configuration in yum.conf on a site-by-site
basis?

later,
chris