[Yum] Re: Yum Digest, Vol 6, Issue 6

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Jan 7 22:24:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 16:13, David Golden wrote:
> At 1/7/2004 03:55 PM, seth vidal wrote:
>
> > > What's the proper way?
> >
> >to use the functions inside yum to get the data you require.
>
> OK.  I have to apologize -- I didn't realize my simple question was going
> to hit some nerves.  I suppose this will have to wait for the TODO item
> "Write up better explanation docs" though...  ;-)  Or I'll have to pull
> down the CVS and wade through it.

no nerve hit. But screenscraping is never reliable b/c output and
formatting change so much.

That's all.

> Personally, I would, though I can't speak for others.  Since both yum list
> and yum info give repository info, duplicates shouldn't be confusing and
> might actually be useful information.

ok. Well that's something I can look at doing. I've got some other,
higher priority items atm that I'd like to get taken care of.

Most importantly if the metadata
(http://linux.duke.edu/metadata/readme.metadata) work pans out then the
header.info parsing will simply vanish into the ether.