[Yum] Re: Yum Digest, Vol 6, Issue 6

David Golden dg-junk at hyperbolic.net
Wed Jan 7 21:13:54 UTC 2004

At 1/7/2004 03:55 PM, seth vidal wrote:

> > What's the proper way?
>
>to use the functions inside yum to get the data you require.

OK.  I have to apologize -- I didn't realize my simple question was going
to hit some nerves.  I suppose this will have to wait for the TODO item
"Write up better explanation docs" though...  ;-)  Or I'll have to pull
down the CVS and wade through it.

> > Which brings us back to a "list repository" feature in yum itself.
> > Seth, what is your opinion on implementing such a feature?
>
>What about duplicates? Do you want those listed too?

Personally, I would, though I can't speak for others.  Since both yum list
and yum info give repository info, duplicates shouldn't be confusing and
might actually be useful information.

David