[Yum] Yum on RH 7.1 : How must I alter /etc/yum.conf

turner at uvs.is turner at uvs.is
Wed Jan 7 15:21:30 UTC 2004

Hello,

I like the looks of yum however I can't get started because on RH 7.1
running: yum list results in the following error:

Error getting file
http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/7.1/i386/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: [Errno url error] unknown url type: 'http'
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Red Hat Linux 7.1 base

Now, on the download page at the Yum site there is a cryptic note about an
unspecified change that needs to be made to /etc/yum.conf. Could some kind
soul please enlighten me as to exactly what that change needs to be.
Thanks.

-Douglass Turner