[Yum] Re: yum] Yum cron defaults

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Jan 6 14:36:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Josko Plazonic wrote:

> I attach a sample patch that adds syslog option in addition to output to
> a file.  Just set syslog_ident=yum in /etc/yum.conf and it should send
> exactly the same text from /var/log/yum.conf also to syslog with ident
> string=yum (or whatever else you choose).  I also made it possible to

Thinking about this fragemnt:

+      syslog_facility = LOG_USER Syslog message facility
+      syslog_priority = LOG_INFO Syslog message priority

I wonder if it should be hardcoded, or merely defaulted and
over-rideable in the yum.conf file.  Possibly validation that
a permitted value from the facility and priority lists from
man 5 syslog.conf (possible by populating a pair of allowable
values, and verifying that a yum.conf value exists in that
particular array)

-- Russ Herrold