[Yum] are there any yum repositories for Redhat Enterprise Workstation?

Van Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Thu Feb 26 20:41:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:03:55 -0500 (EST)
Lance Davis <lance at uklinux.net> wrote:

> > I am wondering because I just bought the "pink tie" 10 disk set which
> is RH Enterpise Workstation with all of the logo's, etc. changed. I am hoping there are some yum repositories for it, so I can keep it patched and updated.
>
> you can either look at CentOS :- http://mirror.centos.org/ where there are
> compatible yum repos
>
> build6/updates in particular contains all latest rhel update rpms rebuilt
>
> or try http://www.party-updates.net/ which also offer yum repos for rhel.
>
> Although there may be oddities with the way that pink-tie has been
> produced that cause problems - there shouldnt be any ...

It should work without issues. according to the folks at cheapbytes the only change between this and the official redhat version is the changed logo pictures.

Thanks for the information Lance :)

I'm going to try out the http://www.party-updates.net/  and the http://mirror.centos.org/ websites after I get it installed.

Thanks again,
Van

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator - ESC Dept
      _
     -o)
     /\\
    _\_v