[Yum] yum daily 2.0.X branch - "I broke my promise"

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 23 21:57:51 UTC 2004

Some bad news though - it appears that yum now segfaults whenever I try
to install something located in the base-fedora repo (ie. stuff that yum
got the headers for from the hdlist file).

This happens with 'yum install abiword', and 'yum install subversion'
(which are both in the base fedora distro and do not have updates).
This does not segfault when installing something that is in the updates
repo, ie. 'yum install vnc'.

If I clear out all the headers from /var/cache/headers/base-fedora and
then set nocomps=0 in yum.conf, it goes out and downloads all the
headers, and then these packages are installed just fine (yum does not
segfault).  This leads me to believe that somehow the headers are screwy
(maybe missing something?) when they are obtained from the hdlist.  To
confirm this, I uninstalled the packages, installed yum version 2.0.5
(not daily), and tried to do a 'yum install subversion' while using the
headers that were generated from the hdlist file (ie. I left there there
after uninstalling the yum daily).  yum 2.0.5 also segfaulted when doing
this install.  It worked fine when using the headers located in the
base-fedora repo.

Let me know if you need any more info.

-Jeff

-------------------
.Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[install: subversion 0.32.1-1.i386]
I will install/upgrade these to satisfy the dependencies:
[deps: neon 0.24.3-1.i386]
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Running test transaction:
Test transaction complete, Success!