[Yum] yum daily 2.0.X branch - "I broke my promise"

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Feb 23 19:36:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 12:05, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> Hi Seth, don't worry, we won't hold it against you.
>
> These changes all look exciting.  I'm curious about the hdlist
> hack/change.  When is it that the hdlist files get put there?  ie. if I
> am running yum in the %post section of a kickstart install, will it be
> able to access them?  I assume that this change means that the headers
> will *never* need to be downloaded from the RH base repository - only
> from the updates & whatever other repos.  Is that correct?

the comps rpm is installed by anaconda. iirc it's there in %post.
that's the goal - if hdlist[2] is installed then hopefully yum can find
it and use the headers out of there instead.

it'd be nice to decrease load from headers being retrieved, at least for
a while.

it's intended as a hold over until the metadata work makes the header
getting go away.