[Yum] YUM installed version 3, but I want version 4

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 23 15:53:26 UTC 2004

Hi, this is probably because you are running an older distribution which
does not include version 4 of MySQL.  Otherwise, yum would see it in the
repository and automatically install the newest version.  I think that
RH 7.3 (or is it 8 - I may be mistaken) was the last to ship with MySQL
3.x.  If you're running one of those (or older) you'll need to either
find a new repository which provides the newer MySQL package for your
distribution, or you'll need to download it from mysql.com.

-Jeff