[Yum] RFE: yum.log addition - comments please

Cliff Kent cliff at villagevisions.com
Sun Feb 22 21:34:30 UTC 2004

RFE: yum.log addition - comments please

I just ran "yum update" on a fc1 box that's been loaned out for a couple
of months. The update went fine.

With nothing better to do, I sat and watched the messages scroll by
during the update. Only one caught my eye, it was something like:

warning: /etc/php.ini created as /etc/php.ini.rpmnew

No problem, I know enough to check my php.ini against the php.ini.orig
that I made and the php.ini.rpmnew that was just created.

But what if I hadn't been watching? How would I know to check?

Would it be a good idea to record those warnings in yum.log?

Or, is this already addressed some other way?

thanks,

Cliff Kent