[Yum] YUM multi cd

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 19 23:05:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 07:51:22PM +0000, Lance Davis wrote:

> I have heard reference to a patch for yum to handle repositories residing
> on multiple cd media ...
>
> Can anyone confirm the existence or otherwise of such ???

Yes.  A patch for this was submitted, but was not accepted.  The
reason was not so much a problem with the concept, but a problem with
the implementation (some design choices... not bad code).  We are open
to the concept but would want to discuss how it's done.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G