[Yum] YUM timing out trying to get updates from Fedora mirrors

Jürgen Möllenhoff Juergen.Moellenhoff at tp1.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Feb 17 11:23:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

seth vidal wrote:
>>I have been at:
>>Getting XFree86-4.3.0-55.i386.rpm
>>XFree86-4.3.0-55.i386.rpm  89% |======================   |  15 MB
>>02:32 ETA
>>
>>For about 4 hours now without moving at all. I can still surf the
>>internet, get email and download other things fine.
>

> your connection to that server has flaked out or the server has flakwd
> out.

Is it possible to create some kind of timeout for the download, so that
yum gives up when there is no response for an hour or so? In the moment
yum sits there forerver with no response at all, in such a situation I
must always kill yum manually.

> try using a different mirror.

A different mirror is not always the solution because even the best
mirror has from time to time problems.

Bye,

    Jürgen