[Yum] YUM timing out trying to get updates from Fedora mirrors

Chris Sherwood csherwood at telus.net
Tue Feb 17 00:41:44 UTC 2004

While trying to update my Fedora Core 1 installs both at work and at
home using YUM, my updates seem to hang at various stages and do not
continue.

I have been at:
Getting XFree86-4.3.0-55.i386.rpm
XFree86-4.3.0-55.i386.rpm  89% |======================   |  15 MB
02:32 ETA

For about 4 hours now without moving at all. I can still surf the
internet, get email and download other things fine.

Any ideas? I am a user that is trying to get back into Linux after a
long absence, and things like this almost make me want to pull out my XP
Pro CD again (almost!).

Thanks in advance.