[Yum] upgrade to Fedora Core 2 (test)

Thomas Moschny moschny at ipd.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Feb 13 10:53:24 UTC 2004

On Friday 13 February 2004 10:49, Guenther Fischer wrote:

> I found in my yum.conf a line
> exclude=pango
>
> I have added this line because of some problems with testing some packages
> from the development some times ago.
>
> So I think the upgrade problem was selfmade ...
> sorry for inconvenience ...

If yum would be able to consider more than one version of a package and choose
the right one (instead of the package with the highest version number) in an
install or update, these exclude= tricks wouldn't be necessary.
It is very easy to forget to remove a package from the exclude list later.

Thomas