[Yum] header updates

Magnus Hebden-Smith magnus at csl.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 12:47:46 UTC 2004

Hi

I have a local yum repository stored in a web dir.  I have in this web
dir a set of base rpms for Redhat 7.3,8 and 9 and Fedora core.  I also
have rpms for the updates to each of these releases.

The problem I'm having is that I cannot seem to get the header.info
files in the updates repositories populated.

The Redhat 9 update repo has this structure ...

/var/www/html/yum/updates/redhat/9/headers/headers.info

/var/www/html/yum/updates/redhat/9/en/os:
athlon  i386  i586  i686  noarch  SRPMS

I generated the header dir by executing

yum-arch /var/www/html/yum/updates/redhat/9/

This appears to do the right thing but my headers.info file is empty.
My assumption is that this should get populated with the info needed to
install the rpms for the clients.

Anybody know whey the header file is empty ??

cheers
mags