[Yum] Error 4 trying to do update

thecahillswork at comcast.net thecahillswork at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 15:02:31 UTC 2004

Hi -

Had been using yum and now I'm trying to use it for the first time in a couple months.  I sit behind a firewall so I have a http_proxy env variable defined.  My yum version is 1.0.3-1_80.  I'm running on RedHat8.

This is my yum.conf

[root@ yum]# more /etc/yum.conf
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=0
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
keepalive=0

[base]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/$releasever/$basearch

[updates]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - Updates
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/updates/$releasever

When I try to do any yum commands I get the following -

[root@ yum]# yum list
Error getting file http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/update
s/8.0/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

My proxy allows me to get to the site, if I cut/paste the header.info full http call I can verify the file is there.  Why do I get the 404 ?

Thanks,
Stephen