[Yum] Yum Ideas?

Nigel Jewell nigel.jewell at pixexcel.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 15:28:07 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I've just started using yum in anger, and there are a number of things
that immediately spring to mind.  Have any of these been considered?

1) The ability to download updates but not install them.  For example,
every night I would like to check for updates and download them, but
have the ability to install them at a later time.

2) Displaying the total filesize during the download and not just the
downloaded filesize.  Small point, but useful.

3) Displaying the download speed during download.  Small point but useful.

Any reply would be appreciated ...

--
Nige.

PixExcel Limited