[Yum] Re: Yum updates without Internet Connections ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Mon Feb 2 17:17:17 UTC 2004

Greetings ...

    Thanks for your quick responce ...

>>    If I take a backup of /etc/yum.conf and /var/cach/yum ... Should I
>> not be able to do a yum -C update without having to access the internet?
>

> Are the machines entirely identical?

    Yes, installed with a Kick Start scripts ... if you want, I can do a
    rpm -qa | sort > rpmpacks.log
    And diff them to see if there is a differance, but I am sure there
is not ...

> /var/cache/yum/*/headers will only have the headers for packages that
> you DON'T have installed. Not the headers for ones you do have
> installed.

    Okay, this makes a little sense ... I will check this ...

    So, if I have installed glib updates, the headers will be deleted
after yum update?

Mailed
Lee