[Yum] yum 2.0.5 released

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Feb 1 04:28:17 UTC 2004

Hi,
 A long while off but yum 2.0.5 has been released:

Tarball:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.0/yum-2.0.5.tar.gz
md5sum: 07dd2a80c16fd292d39d452212271cfb

rpm: - built on fedora core 1 (ish)
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.0/yum-2.0.5-1.noarch.rpm
md5sum: bd43a6726e3de21ed61249da11942931

src rpm:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.0/yum-2.0.5-1.src.rpm
md5sum: 4ea924644151eebba85846ce73432205

Changes:
- nevral.delete checks
- fix a bunch of things pychecker found
- I think this helps solve dep resolutions issues on x86_64 machines
  using ix86 repositories. Not a complete fix, but a significant way
there.
- more arch.getArch() fixes add kernel-modules-unsupported to
	installonlypkgs
- .py files installed instead of .pyc - I blame jeremy for the .pyc's
	in the first place! :-P
- edit error messages for failed dep resolution loops
- if yum-arch on an empty repository make the dir anyway. Emit
	warning in that case.
- make keepalive an option - helps people using weird http proxies.
- fix race condition in locking - thanks to Behdad Esfahbod
- make yum list, info, search and provides case insensitive searches
	close bug 171

- catch a couple of tracebacks on file perms in yum-arch
- make packages providing 'kernel-modules' installonly.
- fix versioned obsoletes.
- patch from rtomayko - fixes change in call for pullheaders.main()
- python 2.3 patch to keepalive.py
- fix a traceback when the header.info is damaged.
- make lists be comma or space separated add kernel-source to
	installonlypkgs default
- make the 'getting filefoo bar baz' for headers a higher-level log
	output only
- implement yum-arch --exclude/-x - lets you do wildcard excludes to
	yum-arch RFE #124 completed

- moved locking until after the command parsing is done - to allow
	the -R wait time to run w/o a lock

let me know what I broke - but this one has been in a testing/daily
cycle for a loooooooooooooong time :)