[Yum] Updating packages in use.

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 30 21:31:48 UTC 2004

First off, yum-2.1 rocks.  All the problems I had with previous versions of
yum are fixed.  Now it is a wonderful tool that don't understand how I
managed without before.

Here's my question.  Is it OK to update packages that are in use?  Is it OK
to update QT if the QT libs are being used?  Is it OK to update xorg while
X is running?

The reason I ask is that the most frequently updated packages are always the
kde-redhat packages...and of couse I'm always running KDE.

Hmm, I guess this is actually an RPM question.  Oh well...Thanks!