[Yum] End of File for yum header

Joanna Green Joanna.Green at noaa.gov
Mon Dec 13 16:48:32 UTC 2004

I was working with someone who was having problems getting a glibc rpm
from our yum repository.  He finally grabbed the rpm and installed it
manually.  We have a number of the following kinds of errors for header
files found in the /var/log/httpd directory for apache.  I'm not sure if
this is an apache problem or if we are not invoking yum-arch correctly.

An excerpt from /var/log/httpd/error_log

[Fri Dec 10 15:42:48 2004] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xx.xxx]  (70014)End
of file found: mod_mime_magic: read failed
/var/www/html/pub/redhat/7.2/headers/glibc-0-2.2.4-13.hdr, referrer:
http:// our web site.

Would this error prevent anyone from accessing that hdr? or getting the
update via yum?  If so, how do I fix it?

The server is FC2., httpd-2.0.51-2.9   The client yum was using the
fedora legacy-utils yum-1.0.3-6.0.7.x.legacy.noarch.rpm
We use the following command to create the headers.  cd to the actual
dir and ..

yum-arch -l .

Thanks,

JG