[Yum] Yum rpm not in legacy repositories

Joanna Green Joanna.Green at noaa.gov
Wed Dec 8 21:48:58 UTC 2004

We've created a local yum repository in which we mirror another site.
We've just discovered, however, that the yum rpm does not exist for any
of the legacy distributions, for example RH 9.  Various offices are
using distributions from 7.2-FC3.  I've checked around, ass far as I can
tell, even the Duke mirror doesn't have it.  It is somewhat embarrassing
to say please use yum, point them to a server and the yum rpm does not
exist to even start.

Where can I rsync to and get the yum rpms and whatever else I may need
to get these folks started?

Thanks,

JoAnna Green