[Yum] yum 2.1.11 and the -d 0 option (feature request)

Jürgen Möllenhoff jm at tp1.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Dec 4 01:14:48 UTC 2004

Hi,

seth vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 01:53 +0100, Jürgen Möllenhoff wrote:
>>would it possible to change the behavior of the Yum 2.1.11 version so
>>that it prints with the -d 0 option not the lines:
>>
>>Installing: x 100 % done 1/2
>>Installing: y 100 % done 2/2
>>
>>for each package? Instead it could just print the results:
>>
>>Updated: x y
>>Complete!
>>
> It was a bug. It's been reported at rh's bugzilla and fixed in cvs. It
> will be corrected in yum 2.1.12

Now yum it's a little bit too quiet, the 2.1.12 version reports nothing
in the nightly cron update, even it has something to update. I changed
the -d 0 option in the cron entry to -d 1 and so yum reports the updates
again but is quiet if nothing is to do.

Would it be possible to change the -d 0 option to -d 1 in the cron entry
of the tarball so that this option is the default for future versions of
yum?

Regards,

  Jürgen