[Yum] yum20 (was: Recent update of yum for FC2 on at-stable breaks FC2 update system)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Dec 3 16:36:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 05:20:18PM +0100, Fritz Elfert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please remove yum-2.1 from your at-stable repository for Fedora Core 2
> (actually all Fedora Core repositories < 3) and revert it to 2.0. The new
> required repo metadata files are _nowhere_ available for FC2 not even on
> downloads.fedora.com.

Well, I just checked, and FC2 at redhat *does* have repodata, for
example:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/2/x86_64/repodata/

> So this seriously breaks normal updating from any repository except
> at-rpms. AFAIK, _only_ FC3 repositories are supposed to support the
> new xml metadata.

There is a yum20 package for accessing yum-arch created
repositories.

A lot of non-FC3 repositories offer yum >= 2.1 format including Red
Hat, as you see. For the transition from yum <= 2.0.x format to yum >=
2.1.x format the yum20 package can be installed side by side with the
yum 2.1.x package.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net