[Yum] how to determine size of package

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Fri Aug 13 11:08:26 UTC 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 09:49, seth vidal wrote:

> > > a. Bug free in every way
> > > b. functionally equivalent to yum 2.0.X
> > > c. testable but maybe not production-quality yet.
> > > d. will eat your young and embarrass you in front of attractive
> > > members of the gender of your choosing.
> >
> > May I ask for c?
>
> b will be hopefully before fedora core 3, final.

Well, I'm living in a different (but at least rpm based) linux
universe ;-)

> c will be in about 2-3 weeks. most likely.

This is exceptional good news.

> I've been moving through a bunch of functions I needed to write
> this week.

There're a few things missing from my SuSE point of view. The most
important one is the naming of kernel rpms. Should I prepare patches
to just mangle this in local SuSE yum rpms or would you accept a new
config option patch to specify such (similar to distroverpkg, but
needs to be wildcard enabled)?

Pete