[Yum] local file update

Marshall Clark mclark323 at cox.net
Tue Aug 10 18:35:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 11:23 -0700, Michael Stenner wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:12:37AM -0700, Marshall Clark wrote:

> Ok. you didn't attach the yum output this time, so I'm assuming that
> was correct in the previous message.  In that, this baseurl is not
> mentioned, so that's not related to those error messages.  Are you
> using a proxy?
The output of yum update is correct.
Yes I am using a proxy.
Have set http_proxy="myserver:port"
and ftp_proxy="myserver:port"
I can browse and ftp normal files on the net but mail does not work from
local machines and yum will not work on any other machine but the
server.

> This is one of those situations where I have to ask this question:
> are you doing anything else that we could consider "strange" that you
> haven't told us about?  Wacky version of python, box has been
> continuously upgraded since RHL 6.1, hand-edited yum or python files?
No, all other boxes are running Fedora Core 2 custom installation,
installed everything.
Have installed only mplayer on x86_64 machine no other packages except
the dependencies for mplayer.

> Also, Sean is correct that your distroverpkg is incorrect, but since
> you're not using any variables in your baseurl, it shouldn't really be
> causing any errors.
Have changed distroverpkg variable to fedora-release
Same error, seems to skip the file baseurl and tries all http and ftp
servers only.