[Yum] yum cancelling doesn't work ?

dan1 dan1 at edenpics.com
Sat Aug 7 14:29:22 UTC 2004

Hi to all,

I tried to cancel the execution of yum while it was downloading something
(with ctrl-c), but it wasn't possible.
I find that annoying. Is this behaviour planned, or is it a bug ?
I am working on centOS 3.1, i386.

If you need to forbid this possibility during the installation, you could
perhaps allow it during the download process.

Finally, it has stopped after having downloaded everything, but the
/var/run/yum.pid has been left after the cancel, and I wasn't able to run
yum anymore. Now I just deleted this file and it seems OK.
Perhaps there is also a little bug this way.

Thank you,

Daniel