[Yum] too many config files

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 3 17:02:15 UTC 2004

Yum has made a great improvement in the reliability and flexibility of
package management for my team.  Thanks for this excellent, useful
tool.

I am looking at maintaining 12-16 config files: to point to different
repos/servers, and/or with different policies.  I just read in the
archives about --[dis|en]ablerepo, which could help, but what would be
most convenient would be the ability to specify a url and a package
policy on the commandline.  Is this something that might be considered?

thanks,
Ed