[Yum] Yum version for Red Hat 7.2

John Fletcher J.P.Fletcher at aston.ac.uk
Mon Aug 2 12:54:45 UTC 2004

I am wanting to install yum on a system running Red Hat 7.2

I have downloaded the recommended 1.0.3-1.73 rpm but that will
not load for lack of rpm 4.0.4.  When I download that it will not
install because of numerous dependencies to rpm 4.0.3.

Is there a version of yum which will work with rpm 4.0.3 and if so,
which one?

I guess this an FAQ but I cannot see the answer.

Thanks

John
Dr John P. Fletcher          Tel: (44) 121 359 3611 ext 4625
Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS),
Aston University,            Fax: (44) 121 359 4094
Aston Triangle,              Email: J.P.Fletcher at aston.ac.uk
BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.      CEAC Web site
http://www.ceac.aston.ac.uk/