[Yum] yum performance

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Apr 30 16:53:24 UTC 2004

> that's the problem! IMHO 10 repositories shouldn't have to be a big
> deal. is there any way (even dirty) to speed up dep resolution in that
> case? eg. if I create one common repository (one headers dir) form 20,
> that it becomes faster? or...

It's not really based on number of repositories - its just a sheer
number of packages. Since most repositories don't have much more than a
thousand or so packages you need more packages per repo.

thousands and thousands of packages will eat time. You have to traverse
them to find a resolution.

I'm open to suggestions for how to not traverse the packages.