[Yum] yum performance

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Apr 30 15:03:39 UTC 2004

seth vidal wrote :

> Dep resolution appears to be a lot faster now and after I'm happy with
> how it is working I'm planning on writing some routines to pre-resolve
> package deps before going into rpm at all.

Neat. One feature I'd really like to see, and which could be trivial if
pre-resolving routines are written, is the ability to check for repository
consistency. This would allow repository administrators to easily check
for any problems, but also users to verify how well all the repositories
they currently have configured play together.

Yes, I know, I'm asking for something yum wasn't meant for, and is which
is certainly more complex in practice than the few words above :-)

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.3-2.1.253
Load : 1.25 0.84 0.60