[Yum] yum performance

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Fri Apr 30 08:33:52 UTC 2004

hi,
is there any chance to improve yum performace? I don't know the current
algorithm, but the current dependencies resolving is very slow? and as
the number of repositories and package number are growing it's geting
slower and slower. is like in the old XT world (when we has to do some
progress bar like the .... in yum). wouldn't it be possible to
store/generate some kind of additional information during the repository
generation (when the time is not so important) in order to speed up the
online usage of yum? or rewrite the most time consuming part to native.
or ...?
yum is a realy nice tool, that's what we waiting for since rpm, but it's
slow:-(
yours.