[Yum] problems with yum

Lawrence, Steve Steve.Lawrence at factiva.com
Wed Apr 21 21:30:23 UTC 2004

In an attempt to alleviate the worn fingers of Seth, Michael & team.

>From the 'man yum' page :

MISC
       Proxy configuration
              If you would like to use a proxy with yum you can simply  set  a
              shell  environment variable of http_proxy. Set it to the url for
              your proxy.  Ex: "http://your_proxy:port/"

This looks like just what you need.

Steve.