[Yum] unnecessary output in -d1

Michael Stenner mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
Wed Apr 14 15:38:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 08:09:00PM -0700, David Kewley wrote:
> > sudo yum -d1 -t -c yum.conf/yum.conf.live groupinstall "CS Workstation"
>
> kernel is installed and is the latest version.
> kernel is installed and is the latest version.
> glibc is installed and is the latest version.
> Is this ok [y/N]: n

Well, here's the thing.  That's what yum says when you tell it to
"install" something that's already installed.  If you were to do
"update" then it wouldn't complain.  I'm not suggesting that you do
update instead.  I'm just explaining that this is valuable information
for many cases.  Therefore, I don't think it should be moved.

Also, I DEFINITELY don't think that log messages should be moved
between minor versions as it could screw people up who do/don't expect
things the way they are.

Now, if you want more fine-grained log levels, you'll get them.  These
will be overhauled in HEAD and provide more granularity at the low end.

					-Michael
  Michael D. Stenner                            mstenner at ece.arizona.edu
  ECE Department, the University of Arizona                 520-626-1619
  1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721-0104                 ECE 524G