[Yum] unnecessary output in -d1

David Kewley kewley at cns.caltech.edu
Wed Apr 14 03:09:00 UTC 2004

I'm running yum 2.0.6-1.  I'm planning to run yum (essentially) from a cron
script on lots of machines, and I don't want to get back the same output from
each machine every run, when that same output doesn't help me.  Seem
reasonable enough in general?

Here's the unreasonable output I'm getting (where CS Workstation is a group
I've defined in my custom yumgroups.xml):

> sudo yum -d1 -t -c yum.conf/yum.conf.live groupinstall "CS Workstation"

kernel is installed and is the latest version.
kernel is installed and is the latest version.
glibc is installed and is the latest version.
Is this ok [y/N]: n

I don't mind the "Is this ok" -- I'll run yum with -y in the cron job.  But I
really don't need to be told every time that my kernel and glibc are up to
date.

I believe this is in pkgaction.py line 56:

  errorlog(1, _("%s is installed and is the latest version.") % (name))

Could we make this a higher error level? :)  Or is there a better fix?

By the way, I don't recall this behavior in yum 2.0.4-1, but I didn't play
with 'groupinstall' in 2.0.4.

Yes, I know that I could grep out those lines in my cron job, or I could make
my own yum package with line 56 modified, but I'm asking on this list in case
something should be changed centrally.

Thanks,
David