[Yum] Notification of kernel updates

Karsten Jeppesen karsten at jeppesens.com
Wed Apr 7 16:29:35 UTC 2004

> on, I'd like to see a small message asking me if I want to, "Run the
> new kernel that
> yum has updated?" With selection buttons such as "Reboot to New
> Kernel?" "Remind

I think that is beside the point.

I think it is an issue for the kernel rpm.
There is ample script possibilities in the rpm to launch a system that
will ask for reboot. But since you may have custom modules that may not
run under the updated kernel it seems to me to be a sensible way not to
have yum do this step.

Also - after the kernel is copied in place the rpm calls a local script
(don't remember the name) which you could alter to include this
functionality.
I think that would make a better solution.

Karsten