[Yum] Re: hdr deletion ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Tue Apr 6 14:23:01 UTC 2004

>>    In my many tries to reduce my need for bandwidth, is there a nice
>> little conf option that I could put into my yum.conf file, to stop yum
>> from deleting the hdr file for rpms that are installed?  The reason I
>> ask, is that I use my yum cache to update new installation, instead of
>> downloading them all.

>yum only deletes old headers if you run yum clean.
>it doesn't delete anything by default.
	Yes, but if you install an rpm using yum, I'm sure you siad that yum would then remove the hdr for that rpm, because the header is in the rpm DB ... Have I got this wrong?

	The reason I ask, is that I am sharing my yum cache using http, and some times it does not find the hdr on my PC and will have to download from else where ...

	Hope this all makes sense.

Mailed
Lee

The Bandwidth Economist