[Yum] Suggestion on yum download feedback and other things

Konstantin Riabitsev icon at phy.duke.edu
Tue Sep 30 04:17:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 23:46, Paul Dickson wrote:
> And those of us with slow links wouldn't be able to see any progress.
>
> Although, I do like the count "15/200" for the progress of the entire
> update, I feel the progress bar should remain for the individual files.

Note, I'm *only* talking about .hdr files. They are usually 10-15K in
size TOPS. Even on 28.8 modems it would only take a few seconds to
download each single header file.

It was only a suggestion -- if .hdr files are going away, then I guess
there is no purpose in creating extra code to be later discarded.

Regards,
--
Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
Duke University Physics Sysadmin