[Yum] new yum 2.0.X daily

Paul Dickson dickson at permanentmail.com
Mon Sep 29 11:49:49 UTC 2003

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:45:25 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> - progress bar on downloads - I went ahead and implemented the ones
> michael had written LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago - there is part of the
> output controlling that is a touch hacky - but it works (essentially if
> your debuglevel is below 2 then you won't get the progress bars)

Can the "Getting foo.rpm" be dropped?  It's redundant with the progess bar.
And it scrolls the text twice as fast.

> - retries is set, by default now, to 6 instead of 3
>   (you can override in [main] with retries=somenumber

Control-C is not handled correctly during downloads.  Prior to this
release, I had to press ^C three times to get downloading to quit.  Now I
have to press it 6 times.

I use yum with a dialup link, so these restartings are very noticable.

Any chance of implementing download continuation?  Or just using wget if
it's available?

	-Paul