[Yum] new yum 2.0.X daily

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Sep 27 19:45:25 UTC 2003

Hi folks,
 New daily release available for yum 2.0.X - some nice things people
have moaned and groaned about :)

- progress bar on downloads - I went ahead and implemented the ones
michael had written LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago - there is part of the
output controlling that is a touch hacky - but it works (essentially if
your debuglevel is below 2 then you won't get the progress bars)

- yum provides now prepends */ to anything you pass to it provided that
the thing you pass to it does not include ?,* or /

- yum init clean up patch

- made logrotate not rotate the logs unless yum.log is > 30KB

- retries is set, by default now, to 6 instead of 3
  (you can override in [main] with retries=somenumber

let me know if this breaks - especially the progress meter.

rpms are built for rpm >= 4.1.1.

They should work on: YDL 3 w/rpm 4.1.1, rhl 8 w/rpm 4.1.1, rhl9, severn
rhlp beta, fedora core test2

Tar Ball:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.0/daily/yum-20030927.tar.gz

src.rpm:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.0/daily/yum-2.0.3-20030927.src.rpm

noarch rpm - will work on rhl8 with rpm 4.1.1 or higher:
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/2.0/daily/yum-2.0.3-20030927.noarch.rpm