[Yum] Include one .conf file in another?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Sep 26 19:42:32 UTC 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Hedemark, Magnus wrote:

> Tom Diehl said:
> > What I have done is put a comps.xml (yumgroups.xml) in the
> > machine specific
> > repo. That way I get a machine built the way I want. I would
> > think this would
> > not necessarily have to be based on machine names but could
> > easily be modified
> > to be based off of some variable that you define on a machine.
>
> Is this one of the features that is not yet documented?

Are you referring to the yumgroups.xml?? I do not know of docs for it
other than the src and the archives of this list. I think Seth and company
are working on fixing that though. If you are referring to the way I
set it up then no that is not part of yum. I took the thing from owl river and
modified it slightly to get it to do what I described in conjunction
with yum.

you could look here:
http://www.rogueind.com/yum.conf/yumconf.php?ver=2.9.5AS\&fqdn=taroon.rogueind.com\&group=rogueind
and see what I am using for a config file to yum. I call yum with a -c
option and the proper config file gets served up. The above one is for
a test machine I am using to test taroon. That in combo with the yumgroups.xml
file does the trick.

Does that make sense or did I just confuse you more??

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl at rogueind.com	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123 at rogueind.com