[Yum] Include one .conf file in another?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Sep 26 16:55:10 UTC 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Hedemark, Magnus wrote:

> I was thinking about this and wonder if it might be best to have something
> like /etc/xinetd.d/* where you have a number of services defined, each in
> their own file, and by default most of them are disabled.  That way if a
> sysadmin wants a machine to become a CAD workstation, he changes the "false"
> to "true" in a file like /etc/yum.d/cadgroup.conf
>
> Trying to think in terms of large scale deployments, and allowing dept.
> sysadmins to add new configurations without having to touch the central
> MIS-owned configuration in environments where you have centralized
> deployment with some local department level support.

What I have done is put a comps.xml (yumgroups.xml) in the machine specific
repo. That way I get a machine built the way I want. I would think this would
not necessarily have to be based on machine names but could easily be modified
to be based off of some variable that you define on a machine.

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl at rogueind.com	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123 at rogueind.com