[Yum] Yum scripts

Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
Wed Sep 24 13:37:51 UTC 2003

Seth,

Thanks, your debug worked and I got the correct error. I am trying to work
out how to add this to a shellscript so that I can send back formatted
errors to Nagios. Can you help me with my Perl code, I am a bit of a
novice ? Here is my program....

#!/usr/bin/perl
#

open( YUMGET, "yum check-update; echo $? |");
$value = <YUMGET>;

close (YUMGET);

if($value =~ /100/) {
        print "YUM UPDATES AVAILABLE - $value\n";
        exit(2);
} else {
        print "YUM OKAY - NO UPDATES AVAILABLE - $value\n";
        exit(O);
}

The program runs okay, but for some reason I only get the first line
returned -

YUM OKAY - NO UPDATES AVAILABLE - Gathering header information file(s)
from server(s)

Can you help at all ?

Thanks

Matthew