[Yum] Questions about headers ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Wed Sep 24 13:27:29 UTC 2003

Greetings ...

    Got a few questions, hope that they make sense ...

    First, is there a way to "package" the headers, so that I don't have
to wait almost an hour to do my first "yum check-update"? I could also
save a little bandwidth if I could put the basic headers in place before
an update ...

    Another question, would it not be better to just download the
headers for the packages install on a PC that one would be doing an
update on?

    I ask these question, because bandwidth in South Africa is like
water in Mexico ( please don't flame me, it just sound poetic ),
expensive and hard to find quality ... if there are anyways to reduce
bandwidth requirments I am all ears ... and I am sure that the mirrors
and hosts for yum repo's would welcome any help as well ...

Thanks
Mailed
Lee